When positioning elements, you can retain the visual scale of elements as you move them in the Z-axis in the Side or Top views. As you move drawing layers on the Z-axis, they are scaled to preserve their size in the camera.
How to position an element in the Top and Side views
- From the Tool toolbar, select the Maintain Size tool.
- In the Side or Top view, select a layer.
The selected layer is highlighted in pink.
- Drag the layer to the correct depth position in the camera cone.
Your element aspect remains the same in the Camera view.
- To scale the element up or down in relation to its distance to the camera, select the Layer Transform tool from the Tools toolbar.
- In the Tool Properties view, make sure the Peg Selection Mode option is deselected.
The selected layer is highlighted in the camera cone.
- In the Top view, drag the element sideways to position it horizontally. Hold Shift while dragging to make sure it only moves along the X-axis.
- In the Side view, drag the selected element up or down to position it vertically. Hold Shift while dragging to make sure it only moves along the Y-axis.